Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm melting - help!

No, I'm not the Wicked Witch of the West. I wish some one would throw a bucket of water on me. I think NYC finally made it into the 90s today, although that does not make me happy. After a perfectly lovely most of July, the last week or so has been brutally hot and humid.

So tonight's dinner will have to be super simple. Italian grilled cheese sandwhiches using the leftover prosciutto and provolone cheese from yesterday's saltimbocca. Using any good bread you have on hand, spread a little Dijon (or other) mustard on both slices. Place a slice of provolone, then two slices of prosciutto, then another slice of provolone on one slice and make a sandwhich with the other slice, mustard side down. Butter the outside of one slice and place the sandwhich in a fairly hot frying pan, butter side down. Then butter the side facing up. Brown on both sides until the cheese melts. Serve with a green salad or cole slaw.

I'm praying for rain. Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment